Thursday, March 17, 2011

Resume Cover Letter - Mini Course Day 7

A Powerful Wrap-up Sentence At The P.S. (Postscript) Location

Here’s the greatest cover letter secret ever revealed...few job seekers have the chance to read this.  You are one of the lucky ones.

Add a P.S. (postscript) to the bottom of your resume cover letter!
                                                                                      
I’ve actually borrowed this idea from Jimmy Sweeney, author of Amazing Cover Letter Creator.

I’ve made this suggestion to many job seekers and received feedbacks that they experienced dramatic increase in job interviews and job offers!  So I know this little secret works like magic.

As you may know, Jimmy has a marketing and advertising background. He has made use of this P.S. strategy on numerous sales letters to restate exactly what action he would like the reader to take and achieved his desired results

Job-seekers would like to be called for more job interviews and the P.S. is the perfect opportunity to stamp this fact on the reader’s brain.  It’s your best shot for a ‘direct hit’ that can increase the chances of producing the desired result… the job interview.

The P.S. is virtually impossible NOT to read! Think about it. When you read any type of letter and your eyes notice a P.S. at the end, you are practically ‘forced’ to read it! Use this P.S. power in your cover letter is going to boost your number of job interviews.

You can use the P.S. to ask for the interview the second time; or to restate why you believe you’re such a strong candidate for the job opening. 

TWO examples of the P.S. being used in a resume cover letter

P.S. I would like to restate my desire to interview for the position of (job title). {Company name} is number one on my list of companies I’d like to work for. I am available immediately and can be reached directly on my mobile phone at 1234-5678. Thank you so much!

P.S. I would love the opportunity to meet in person and to explain why I may be the right match for the position of (job title). I can be reached right away at 1234-5678. Thank you in advance.

Conclusion: Take advantage of the fact that people are trained to read the P.S. and make sure to include one in your next cover letter.

Resume Cover Letters - Mini Course Day
7